Since 2016, Baxter Media has been highlighting travel advisors from coast to coast in our annual Travel Agent Appreciation combined special issue of Travel Courier and Canadian Travel Press. This year’s feature edition was released on April 28.
After launching the inaugural Travel Agent and Beyond Awards last year by recognizing one of the finalists during an amazing virtual event, we’re going even bigger with a three-day affair loaded with trade shows, informative sessions and so much more.
Day 1 featured a cruise symposium, Day 2 a luxury symposium and Day 3 is the signature Travel Agent Appreciation Event & Award Presentation and trade show.
Did you know that Colombia is only 6 hours away from Toronto and 7 hours away from Montreal? Join us to discover a country roughly the size of Ontario, which boasts enormous cultural and natural diversity. With six highly distinct touristic regions, Colombia is a multicultural destination like Canada.
Get your luggage ready and let´s explore what makes Colombia so different and unique!
Register today for your chance to win 1 of 2 prizes.
Prize 1: Hotel nights in Colombia
Prize 2: Touristic experiences in Colombia
Recent surveys consistently show that today’s consumers want to travel responsibly. To help equip travel advisors to respond to the growing interest in environmentally and socially responsible travel, Baxter Media teamed up with industry experts for a virtual session that helps agents understand what they need to do to satisfy their clients’ demands for a responsible vacation.
Check out this recording with Playa Hotels & Resorts to learn about pertinent topics like new Playa resorts, complimentary COVID testing, and AgentCash+.
• New Resorts: Wyndham Alltra Cancun and Wyndham Alltra Playa del Carmen, Hyatt Ziva Riviera Cancun and Hyatt Zilara Riviera Maya, (coming soon)
• Playa’s continued offering of a complimentary antigen and Extended Stay Protection plan
• The importance of Agent Cash Plus
Don’t miss recording on how Propel offers tourism and hospitality employers access to wage subsidies when they hire a post-secondary student for work-integrated learning: an internship, a co-op placement, a work experience placement, and more. The program creates direct links between students looking to explore career pathways and enhance their skills in the travel industry and employers who can provide valuable experience.
Propel is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program. Visit propelcareers.ca for more information.
Our ancestors have been sharing with and welcoming visitors to our traditional territories since time immemorial. Our communities are guided by values of respect, honour and integrity, and tourism experiences demonstrate how Indigenous communities, both urban and rural, welcome visitors to learn and share.
Check out this recording from the Hong Kong Tourism Board for a sensational “Chinese New Year Cultural Showcase” featuring traditions and popular activities celebrated in Hong Kong. Highlights include:
• Opening remarks by Dane Cheng, Executive Director, HKTB
• Understand the art of lion dancing and watch a unique performance with a contemporary twist
• LIVE cooking demo on festive snacks and drinks with Chef Kathy Fang, two-time champion of Food Network’s Chopped
• Get the scoop on the Year of the Tiger with a LIVE forecast by Hong Kong geomancer Master John Choi
The island of Ireland is the perfect place for a romantic getaway, with its fairy-tale forests, picturesque towns, and stunning scenery drenched in Celtic folklore. Whether you’re looking for the ideal wedding venue, a bespoke honeymoon itinerary, or a ‘treat yourself’ luxury experience, the island of Ireland has it all.
Watch this Tourism Ireland recording for an exclusive update on:
1. Itinerary and trip ideas with ‘off the beaten track’ experiences for clients
2. Product updates from the islands top destination wedding experts
3. Luxury Ireland, castle hotels, and quirky accommodation, the perfect stays for a romantic getaway
4. What’s New for 2022?
Discover the latest virtual travel industry events happening across Canada.
Find the best jobs in travel on Baxter Media’s job board.