INCENTIVES | CONTESTS | WEBINARS | PODCASTS | EVENTS | JOBS
Preferred Hotel Group, Inc. has launched Beyond Green, a new hospitality brand with a focus on sustainability. Debuting with a global portfolio of 24 founding member hotels, resorts, and lodges that exemplify sustainable tourism leadership, the brand is a partnership between the Ueberroth Family – the owners of Preferred Hotel Group, Inc. – and ecotourism pioneer and global sustainability expert Costas Christ – the founder of Beyond Green Travel.
“While there may be a tendency to think of sustainability as just the latest travel buzzword, its roots are long and deep. What we are witnessing is an evolution of travel, not a passing trend,” said Costas Christ. “Beyond Green is about reconnecting with our common humanity and understanding that the diversity of our cultures and different ways of life are what create the rich fabric that makes travel so enjoyable and fascinating. In that same context, nature brings inspiration and renewal to our lives. Sustainable tourism is not about giving something up, it is about gaining something more – a great vacation that it is also a force for good.”
Beyond Green brings together forward-thinking properties around the world that are committed to delivering on the three key pillars of sustainable tourism: environmentally friendly practices that go beyond the basics; protection of natural and cultural heritage; and contributing to the social and economic wellbeing of local communities.
“Never before has there been a greater need to promote a kinder and gentler way to explore our beautiful, yet fragile planet. Driven by our brand promise, Believe in Travel, which guides every decision we make as a company, we believe that now is the time to go big and be bold as we look to the future of travel,” said Lindsey Ueberroth, CEO of Preferred Hotel Group, Inc.
With plans for strategic growth over the next 24 months, Beyond Green launched in collaboration with 24 founding members located across 15 countries:
· &Beyond Bateleur Camp (Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya)
· &Beyond Mnemba Island (Zanzibar, Tanzania)
· &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge (Namib Desert, Namibia)
· Aristi Mountain Resort (Zagori, Greece)
· Ashford Castle (Co. Mayo, Ireland)
· Bentwood Inn (Jackson Hole, Wyoming, USA)
· Blancaneaux Lodge (Mountain Pine Ridge, Belize)
· Borgo Pignano (Tuscany, Italy)
· Bushmans Kloof (Western Cape, South Africa)
· Cavallo Point (Sausalito, California, USA)
· InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa (Bora Bora, French Polynesia)
· Islas Secas (Gulf of Chiriquí, Panama)
· Post Ranch Inn (Big Sur, California, USA)
· Ted Turner Reserves Vermejo (Raton, New Mexico, USA)
· The Brando (Tetiaroa, French Polynesia)
· The Ranch at Laguna Beach (Laguna Beach, California, USA)
· Three Camel Lodge (Gobi, Mongolia)
· Turtle Inn (Placencia, Belize)
· Wilderness Safaris Bisate Lodge (Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda)
· Wilderness Safaris DumaTau Camp (Linyanti Wildlife Reserve, Botswana)
· Wilderness Safaris Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp (Kaokoveld, Namibia)
· Wilderness Safaris Linkwasha Camp (Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe)
· Wilderness Safaris Mombo Camp (Okavango Delta, Botswana)
· Xigera Safari Lodge (Okavango Delta, Botswana)
Beyond Green member properties will also be bookable on a common GDS chain code, to be announced in early 2021, which will be linked under Preferred Hotel Group Inc.’s master GDS chain code – PV.
To be considered for Beyond Green membership, a property must demonstrate leadership in the three key pillars of sustainable tourism as part of a rigorous vetting process and show progress in meeting more than 50 sustainability indicators that align with global sustainable tourism standards and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Examples of these requirements, include management of overall environmental operations to establish benchmarks and set additional sustainability goals including carbon emission reduction targets; elimination of plastic water bottles and reducing single use plastics; support for biodiversity conservation initiatives and restoration and protection of natural habitats; embracing local cultural vernacular in design and décor and supporting the preservation of cultural heritage sites, a demonstrated priority to hire locally according to fair wages, benefits, and non-discrimination policies that meet or exceed legal requirements; and priority to purchase goods and services from locally owned and operated businesses.
|Pack Your Bags For Punta Cana|
|Grand Palladium Hotels & Resorts Jamaica|
|Staycations are out. Explore everyday low fares to Mexico and the Caribbean with WestJet|
|Grand Palladium Hotels & Resorts Riviera Maya|
|Qatar – World's Best Airline for the sixth time|
|Tips for converting "staycations" into vacations|
|TRS Yucatan Hotel – Winter Sale – Save up to 35% plus $1500 resort credit|
|INCENTIVES | CONTESTS | WEBINARS | PODCASTS | EVENTS | JOBS|