The Turkish Airlines Business Lounge at the new Istanbul Airport was awarded one of the 2019 Skytrax World Airline Awards for Best Business Class Airline Lounges.
Covering an area of 60,000 square meters, the lounge can accommodate up to 765 travellers, features 13 private suites with showers and even has roaming massage therapists.
What else makes the lounge standout? Here are 10 notable perks:
- Kids and kids at heart can race cars through a miniature version of Istanbul.
- The space features an art gallery and museum in partnership with Istanbul Modern, Turkey’s first modern and contemporary art museum. There are 36 pieces ranging from landscape paintings to abstract work and pieces that feature interpretations of Anatolian values.
- A variety of food stations featuring Turkish meals like homemade ravioli, known locally as manti, and rotating menu options featuring dishes from different Turkish Airlines destinations can be found throughout the lounge. There are self-serve buffets as well as live cooking stations along with self-serve carts with wine and spirits. It also has a large grab-and-go wall lined with soft drinks, water and juice, and a coffee and tea station.
- Travellers can kill time by testing out the golf simulator or by heading to the gaming zone to play PlayStation.
- Rather than checking in at a counter, guests can simply swipe their Business Class boarding passes to enter the lounge.
- The well-designed lounge offers daybeds and quiet zones with low lighting for passengers looking for a rest. There are also private sleeping rooms, for passengers with long layovers travelling on flights longer than eight hours.
- Kids can hang out and play in a dedicated kids’ zone, complete with a private area for nursing, a popcorn machine and a lounging area inside an airplane.
- Visitors can leave their belongings in glass lockers so they don’t have to worry about their luggage as they take advantage of the lounge.
- Those travelling without a laptop can work at a computer station with Macs, and anyone looking to catch up on the news can lounge in front of 12 large-screen displays.
- Passengers can take advantage of ironing services and get a massage from roaming therapists.