Did you know that Colombia is only six hours away from Toronto and seven hours away from Montreal? Check out this webinar recording to discover a country roughly the size of Ontario, which boasts enormous cultural and natural diversity. With six highly distinct touristic regions, Colombia is a multicultural destination like Canada. Get your luggage ready explore what makes Colombia so different and unique.
Recent surveys consistently show that today’s consumers want to travel responsibly. To help equip travel advisors to respond to the growing interest in environmentally and socially responsible travel, Baxter Media teamed up with industry experts for a virtual session that helps agents understand what they need to do to satisfy their clients’ demands for a responsible vacation.
Check out this recording with Playa Hotels & Resorts to learn about pertinent topics like new Playa resorts, complimentary COVID testing, and AgentCash+.
• New Resorts: Wyndham Alltra Cancun and Wyndham Alltra Playa del Carmen, Hyatt Ziva Riviera Cancun and Hyatt Zilara Riviera Maya, (coming soon)
• Playa’s continued offering of a complimentary antigen and Extended Stay Protection plan
• The importance of Agent Cash Plus
Don’t miss recording on how Propel offers tourism and hospitality employers access to wage subsidies when they hire a post-secondary student for work-integrated learning: an internship, a co-op placement, a work experience placement, and more. The program creates direct links between students looking to explore career pathways and enhance their skills in the travel industry and employers who can provide valuable experience.
Propel is funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program. Visit propelcareers.ca for more information.
Our ancestors have been sharing with and welcoming visitors to our traditional territories since time immemorial. Our communities are guided by values of respect, honour and integrity, and tourism experiences demonstrate how Indigenous communities, both urban and rural, welcome visitors to learn and share.
Check out this recording from the Hong Kong Tourism Board for a sensational “Chinese New Year Cultural Showcase” featuring traditions and popular activities celebrated in Hong Kong. Highlights include:
• Opening remarks by Dane Cheng, Executive Director, HKTB
• Understand the art of lion dancing and watch a unique performance with a contemporary twist
• LIVE cooking demo on festive snacks and drinks with Chef Kathy Fang, two-time champion of Food Network’s Chopped
• Get the scoop on the Year of the Tiger with a LIVE forecast by Hong Kong geomancer Master John Choi
Discover the latest virtual travel industry events happening across Canada.
Find the best jobs in travel on Baxter Media’s job board.